Monday, November 9, 2009

Putting the pieces back together

Monday, March 24, 2008


Putting the pieces back together,it all fell apart.
Crashed and burned, fell in the floor.
I’m watching it burn.
Going up in flames, smoke choking me.
I’m not even running for the door.
Looking around, can’t figure it out.
Dazed , confused, lost in dark--still,
I’m not running for the door.

I’m choking on the smoke,
It’s overtaken my chest, my head.
I can’t think anymore--still,
I’m not running for the door.
I watch the flames in front of my face. It burns, it hurts--still,
I stand not looking for the door.
I lay watching the flames in front of my face,
Why can’t I move? Why don’t I care?

I can’t put the pieces back together, anymore.
It’s all falling apart. As I lay on the floor,
Breathing in the smoke,
Watching, feeling, the flames in my face.
I close my eyes and wait--still,
I pray.
The door is locked!! It’s all falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment